Saturday, January 2, 2016

How to be happy

I used to be very unhappy .I always underestimated myself.i dint value myself.I dint know I am better than i think. I didn’t realize it at the time because i had been foolish Don’t get me wrong, I had a lot of happiness throughout my life but I would always default back to the negative. That’s just the way my mind wants to work. It wanted me to focus on the negative.
Throughout my life I have had times where I have had nothing and also times where I have had everything (or at least what I had thought was everything). It didn’t matter. Stuff doesn’t matter. It’s all about what’s inside.
Today, at age 23, I am a happy and content person (most of the time). So what changed? Did I win the lottery? Did I become a monk? Nope. I just became willing to change and every day I make a conscious decision to seek happiness  in my life. I want to become a better person each day. I want to be happier. The happier I am, the more useful I am to myself and everyone around me. The more I can help other people the more i learn.
I’m far from perfect at any of this. Most of these things were learned by doing the opposite or by going through a lot of pain. I still go through times when I revert back to being negative and thus become unhappy. But I keep trying and work to become just a little bit better each day. Do you want to be happier? Do you want more happiness? Here are some of these things that have worked for me:



  • Stop thinking that you are too old to do something. You’re not.
  • try a different look you can also copy NICki minaj look from a video called stupid hoe hahahha
  • try to act like like your favorite actor
  • value yourself
  • respect yourself and if u cant do that no one will do that for you
  • Stop thinking you are too young to do something. You’re not.
  • Remember that your mind can be a dangerous place so don’t go there alone. Talk to someone each day about how you are feeling.
  • Realize that fear is natural but don’t let it consume you. Recognize your fears. Write them down, it removes a lot of the power that we give them.
  • Expectations are resentments in the making. Don’t put unrealistic expectations on other people.
  • Don’t be afraid to say you don’t know something. Be okay with asking questions. Stop thinking you have to know everything.



  • Compliment someone each day. Even if it’s a stranger.
  • Be positive even when you don’t feel like being positive.
  • Don’t put people down to make yourself feel better. It doesn’t work and it makes people respect you less.
  • Be on time. If you can, be early.
  • Be a person of your word.
  • Don’t give unsolicited advice if it’s really just to make yourself feel better.
  • Have empathy but don’t pity people.
  •  they want.
  • Return phone calls.
  • Don’t procrastinate. Thinking about not doing something that you know you have to do is usually much harder and taxing than actually doing it.
  • Be humble.
  • Have a purpose in life. This should go beyond “I want to make a lot of money” or “I want to be famous.”
  • Don’t be afraid to make mistakes.
  • Make sure you learn from those mistakes…
  • Try to treat everyone you meet the same way. Don’t treat the CEO better than the intern. Be consistent, be humble.
  • Always say please and thank you to anyone doing anything for you.
  • Sometimes you can either choose to be happy or choose to be right. Always choose to be happy.
  • Get rid of most of your stuff. Our possessions weigh us down.
  • Create something new every day.It doesn’t matter if it’s something small or something you think is stupid, just create. Get used to creating.
  • Recognize that the things you think are bad or terrible often turn out to be great in the long run. Think back in your life and see how this is true.
  • Shorten the time you spend being p*ssed/angry/rejected/negative/. These feelings are natural but you don’t have to stay stuck in them.
  • Be okay with feeling good about yourself and being happy. Don’t always wait for the other shoe to drop. Know that you are worthy of happiness.
  • Don’t plot revenge.
  • Forgive people.
  • Don’t let the weather affect your mood too much.
  • Read at least one book per month.
  • Connect with two new people each week.
  • Reconnect with one old friend each month
  • Breathe deeply and pay attention to your breathing at least once per day.
  • Remember this quote from Albert Einstein, “There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.” Choose the latter.
  • Don’t get mad when someone doesn’t return your call/email/text right away. Patience is a virtue

  • Get a mentor. Listen to them. (Your first thought is usually wrong.)
  • Develop spiritual life based on something. Anything. hahhahaa i know it sounds kind of cheesy and corny.
  • Don’t judge other people’s spiritual lives (or lack of one.).
  • Get a good nights sleep every night.
  • If you wake up in the middle of the night and can’t fall back asleep, get up and do something productive (anything).
  • Do something nice for at least one person each day. Do it anonymously.
  • Do your own research. Don’t blindly take advice (especially from list like this;)
  • Try not to judge people before you get to know them.
  • Say I love you to at least one person each day. Make sure it’s someone that you actually love.
  • Smile more.
  • Be okay with the fact that not everyone is going to like everything you do. Don’t let it hold you back.
  • Remember that what other people think of you is None of your business. 
  • Try not to multitask. Concentrate on what you’re doing.Don’t let anything make you too happy or too sad.
  • Don’t take yourself or anyone else too seriously.
  • i hope this post helped you a lot.plz let me know about what you think :D
  •                                                                                                                     with love ellie
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment